PODD family - additional notes
START - TEXT - TREES
- TREE created by Shirley Binnersley
incorporating information from Geoff Poole
possibly father of PARTRIDGE PODD
- - 1735 Humphrey Podd born, probably at East Bergholt.
- - 1761 Humphrey Podd married at Brantham to Mary.
- - 1820 Humphrey Podd aged 85 buried East Bergholt.
possibly son of HUMPHREY PODD
and father of PARTRIDGE PODD
and PERCIVAL PODD
- 1795 Partridge Podd yeoman of Ipswich in paternity suit compelled to pay for upkeep of child of
- 1806 Percival Podd bap St Mary Tower Ipswich son of Partridge Podd and Letitia Podd nee Smith of St
- - 1818 Partridge Podd advertised house in New Street for sale in newspaper
- 1831 Percival Podd bachelor married St Margarets Ipswich Sarah Brown spinster both of St Margarets
witnesses John Brown and Peggy Brown.
- - 1832 Sarah Podd bap St Margarets Ipswich dau of Percival and Sarah Podd shoemaker of Ipswich.
- 1837 Partridge Podd bapt St Clements Ipswich son of Percival and Sarah Podd in IGI batches C131822 and
- 1841 Letitia Podd aged 72 of Lodging House New Street St Clements Ipswich born Suffolk in census with
Emma Podd aged 13 born Suffolk.
- 1843 Laetitia Podd died of dropsy aged 75 widow of Partridge Podd gardener reported by Elizabeth Podd
daughter in law
- 1851 Percival Podd aged 46 boot and shoe maker emloying one of 15 St Stephens Lane born Ipswich in
census with wife Sarah Podd aged 45 born Ipswich and children Sarah Podd aged 19 shoe binder Partridge
Podd aged 15 boot and shoe maker Henry Podd aged 12 and William Podd aged 7 all born Ipswich.
- - 1856 Henry Podd baptised Suffolk son of Percival and Sarah Podd in IGI batch C132022.
- - 1856 William Podd baptised Suffolk son of Percival and Sarah Podd in IGI batch C132022.
- 1861 Percival Podd aged 54 boot maker and currier? of 15 St Stephens Lane St Stephens Ipswich born
Ipswich in census with wife Sarah Podd aged 53 born Ipswich and children Sarah Podd aged 29 shoe binder
Partridge Podd aged 25 boot maker Henry Podd aged 20 locksmiths apprentice and William Podd aged 17 boot
maker all born Ipswich.
- 1863 Mary Anne Elizabeth Podd baptised at St Stephens Ipswich daughter of Percival and Mary Anne Podd in IGI batch
- - 1868 Ellen Sarah Podd baptised at Saxmundham daughter of Percival and Mary Ann Podd in IGI batch C132161.
- - 1868 William Rose Percival Podd baptised at Saxmundham son of Percival and Mary Ann Podd in IGI batch C132161.
- - 1869 Ann Louisa Podd baptised at Saxmundham daughter of Percival and Mary Ann Podd in IGI batch C132161.
- - 1871 Jane Podd baptised at Suffolk daughter of Partridge and Elizabeth Podd in IGI batch C132161.
- 1871 Partridge Podd aged 33 bird stuffer and preserver born Ipswich in the census of 6 St Stephens Lane
St Stephens Ipswich with wife Eliza Podd aged 23 born Mickfield and brother in law George Sparrow aged 18
porter and general servant born Debenham.
- - 1871 Percival Podd aged 63 died Ipswich - St Catherines House.
- 1871 Percival Podd boot and shoe maker of Ipswich admin to Sarah P of Ipswich his widow surety Partridge
Podd boot and shoe maker.
- - 1871 Sarah Podd baptised Suffolk daughter of Henry and Betsey Podd in IGI batch C132151.
- 1871 Sarah Podd aged 63 widow bird stuffer born Ipswich in census of St Mary Elms Wrights Court St Mathews with son
Henry Podd aged 29 agricultural fitter at Foundary and grandaughter Mary Ann Podd aged 7 born Saxmundham.
- 1874 Partridge Podd bapt Suffolk son of Partridge and Eliza Podd in IGI batches C132191 and 919559
- - 1881 Sarah Podd nurse aged 73 born Ipswich in census of 5 Mount Court Ipswich St Mary at Elms.
- 1881 Henry Podd engine fitter at works aged 40 in census of 17 Portman Street Ipswich St Nicholas with
wife Sarah Podd tailoress aged 31 born Mickfield and children Jessie Podd aged 7, William Podd aged 6,
Arthur Podd aged 4 and Henry Podd aged 3m all born Ipswich.
- 1881 Partridge Podd naturalist (art bird stuffer) aged 43 born Ipswich in census of 6 St Stephens Lane
Ipswich St Stephen with wife Eliza Podd aged 33 born Mickfield and children Jane Podd aged 9, Partridge
Podd aged 7 and Caroline Podd aged 1 all born Ipswich.
- - 1888 Partridge Podd aged 51 died Ipswich - St Catherines House.
son of PARTRIDGE PODD
and father of ELIZABETH PODD
, PARTRIDGE PODD
, EMMA PODD
and LETITIA PODD
- 1827 Partridge Podd bachelor of St Clements mar St Peters Ipswich Elizabeth Morling spinster of St
Peters, witnesses Letitia Podd and Percival Podd.
- - 1827 Partridge Podd mar at St Peter Ipswich Elizabeth Morling in IGI batch M131721.
- - 1831 Elizabeth Podd bap St Clements Ipswich dau of Partridge and Elizabeth Podd of Back Street drover.
- 1834 Partridge Podd bapt St Clements Ipswich son of Partridge and Elizabeth Podd in IGI batches C131791
- - 1836 Partridge Podd infant of Back St bur St Clements Ipswich.
- 1841 Partridge Podd aged 37 drover of Church Street in census with wife Elizabeth Podd aged 35 and
children Elizabeth Podd aged 11 and Letitia Podd aged 2.
- 1843 Letitia Podd born Back Street St Clements Ipswich dau of Partridge Podd drover and Elizabeth Podd
formerly Morley reported by mother.
- 1851 Partridge Podd aged 49 drover of 22 Church Street St Clements Ipswich born Ipswich in census with
wife Elizabeth Podd aged 46 born Ipswich and children Emma Podd aged 22 servant and Letitia Podd aged 11
both born Ipswich.
- - 1857 Partridge Podd died
- 1861 Elizabeth Podd aged 58 widow of 1 Prices Court Albert Street Ipswich born Ipswich in census with
daughter Letitia Podd aged 21 staymaker born Ipswich.
- 1881 Elizabeth Podd aged 76 born Ipswich in census of Pot of Flowers, 49-51 Wycks Bishop Street Ipswich
St Clement with daughter Laticia Crapnell aged 40 born Ipswich, son in law James Crapnell publican aged 43,
and grandchildren Alice Crapnell aged 13, Arthur Crapnell aged 10 and Lizzie Crapnell aged 6 all born
- - 1882 Elizabeth Podd aged 78 buried Ipswich St Clement
daughter of PARTRIDGE PODD
- 1852 Josiah Bear full age bachelor of Church St St Clements Ipswich (son of John B sawyer) mar St
Nicholas Old Meeting House Ipswich Emma Podd full age spinster of Church St (dau of Partridge Podd).
- 1861 Josiah Bear aged 35 sawyer born Falkenham in census Cooks Yard Church St St Clements Ipswich with
wife Emma Bear aged 33 born Ipswich and children Josiah Bear aged 8, Emma Bear aged 7, Elizabeth Bear
aged 5, Sarah Bear aged 3 and John Bear aged 1 all born at Ipswich.
- FUTURE LINES OF ENQUIRY
- - 1584 Edward Podd of East Bergholt left farming cote to wife
- - Humphrey Podds in Elmsett and Hadleigh.